- Data – Collectively all information that you submit to k-locks.co.uk via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cookies – A small text file on your computer by this Platform when you visit certain parts on the Platform and/or when you use certain features of the Platform. Details of the cookies used by this Platform are set out in the clause below ( Cookies);
- k-locks.co.uk, we us or K locks Locksmith– K-locks.co.uk, is a locksmith company based in Bromsgrove with registered office is at 122 King George Close, Sidemoor, Bromsgrove, B618SN
- UK and EU Cookie Law – The Privacy and Electronic Communication ( EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications ( EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you – Any third party that accesses the Platform and is not either (i) employed by k-locks.co.uk and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to k-locks.co.uk and accessing the Platform in connection with the provision of such services; and
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Information we may collect from you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www. k-locks.co.uk (our site), the mobile app or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide us when you register to use our site, participate in discussion boards, fill out online enquiry forms, request a prospectus or any other additional information and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, payment information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your email address if you filled in a form on the site and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Our use of Data
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clauses 14-16.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Platform. We use information held about you in the following ways:
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, k-locks.co.uk is the “data controller”. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
- You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties include:
- Business partners, supplier, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; a. with any prospective seller or buyer in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; b. with any purchaser in the event that we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets.
- Regulatory organization or other third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or other illegal activity.
- Subject to applicable law, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Third-party websites and services
- k-locks.co.uk may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Platform. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this website.
Links to other websites
Access to Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request from us a copy of personal data we hold on you subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs.
- Data security is of great importance to k-locks.co.uk and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Platform.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the Internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Platform.
- All Cookies used by this Platform are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Platform places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with information requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling k-locks.co.uk to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Platform may not function fully or as intended.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your Internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Platform more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- You may contact k-locks.co.uk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org